this looks great but im having a hard time downloading it! i can see a few others with the same issue but no solution
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Not downloadable from the itch client
Not downloadable from the itch client (Windows)?
Found a bug, I think:
- Get a Ichcahuipilli for two armor
- Find another Ichcahuipilli for two armor
- Take one damage to your current Ichcahuipilli
- Swap out for the other Ichcahuipilli
- Each one will provide two armor again
Other woes that make me feel like this shouldn't be a paid game yet:
- Music needs Aztec, Mayan, Incan influence for better immersion (I may be willing & able to create/offer music & sfx myself, actually)
- Needs soft jumping sound of any kind for your character
- Needs sound when you jump into or out of water
- Needs how-to-play keyboard commands mentioned in the beginning of the game (a paid game shouldn't require you to go to its website to read how to play)
- If multiple enemies die over the same spot, the money doesn't combine; I have to hop over the same spot repeatedly to collect each pile
- How long does my health blessing or invulnerability last? I don't know how to tell.
- Is there max health or not? I can't tell.
- My biggest beef: projectile enemies can hit you while completely off-screen as long as you're in their line of sight. I don't think it'd be considered fair to make players keep hopping into a wall just to check for ranged enemies to come through every single corridor; limiting their range to #-of-tiles-the-moment-they're-visible-on-screen-minus-one (or two) would be ideal.
Which one? lol jk. Honestly the ranged-enemies disadvantage is the biggest issue because it completely and instantly shut down my motivation to try for a higher score, since that effectively makes any late-game progression random. Made it to like level 12 until they got me.
Really tight, 1-bit roguelike. I've avoided roguelikes for the past while due to overuse of the term and my aversion to RPGs. But this is a lovley little game. Managed level 4 on my frst go, will defiitely get further on my next game now I know how it works!
Getting crash a upon boot that says it could not change the resolution no matter which resolution I try. Happens in both full screen and windowed.
Its an incredibly odd error that pops up sometimes, but the next patch coming in a week or so should fix!
I love the art style, the animations and the overall atmosphere they evoke. Wish I could play it on my mac!
also if i pushed the arrow keys too fast or held them it would freeze the ability to make an input for a few seconds so i'd have to wait before i could move again.
I got down to around floor 8, and one of those circle chests is in the area, but it spawned right in front of the corridor i need to go through to get to the stairs to the next level so I can't complete the floor.
It's so cool how much personality you captured with 1-bit sprites, both in design and animation. Also pattern based combat works really well, especially with many enemies having tells as to when they will attack. After 1-2 floors I felt bad for the axolotls, spiders and snakes 'cause they were just dancing so I stopped attacking them... The entrance floor was a nice touch teaching you how to open the next level too. Some of the later levels were abit large, they took awhile to travel around though. Also 1 tiny bug, I jumped on a spike and got hurt, then passed turns by moving at a wall, but the spikes didn't deal damage when they popped up while I was standing in place.